Integrations in Dexter allow bot creators to send your bot's conversation data to other services for analysis and tracking. To configure them, simply open up a bot and go to the Advanced tab. After the few simple steps below, there's no additional action needed before being able to view your bot's messages!
You can log messages to Mixpanel to track your bot's usage and users over time. To do so:
- Log onto your account on Mixpanel
- Create a new project for your bot (optional)
- Go to your account settings (top right of page)
- Click "Projects"
- Find your project and copy the Token. Paste this into your bot's Advanced screen
Slack Incoming Webhook
If you simply want a running log of messages to your bot in a Slack channel, you can use a Slack Incoming Webhook integration.
- Create a new Slack app. You probably don't want to use one for an existing Dexter bot, just to avoid any confusion.
- In your Slack app's configuration page, go to Incoming Webhooks and turn them on
- Select the channel you want to post these messages to
- Copy the Webhook URL that Slack gives you into your bot's Advanced screen
Dashbot allows you to view and analyze advanced information about your bots: everything from top messages received to drop-off points in engagement. Note: we currently only support facebook as a platform.
- Create a Dashbot account and a new Bot on Dashbot
- Copy the API key from Dashbot into your bot's Advanced screen