What Are Shortcodes?
Bot Shortcodes provide special capabilities and functionality that improve and enhance your bot's responses. Shortcodes can help you do anything from inserting images to rendering cross-platform buttons to sending data back to your servers.
Some shortcodes render differently across different platforms (e.g., buttons on Facebook Messenger won't look the same as on SMS). For details on each, see the details on each individual shortcode.
- ^image() – add images to your responses
- ^video() – add video files to your responses
- ^audio() – add audio files to your responses
- ^file() – add text/pdf files to your responses
- ^buttons() – add buttons to your responses
- ^link() – add links to your responses
- ^getRSSFeed() - fetches data from an RSS feed
- ^unsubscribe() - manages unsubscribes from broadcasts
- ^fbLocationPrompt() - creates a Facebook location quick-reply button